Sunday, April 04, 2004

Electrickery Stuff

I spent a fair bit of time today fitting the battery, starter solenoid, FIA switch and wiring. These were all removed when the old loom was taken out and it was now time to reuse what I could of the old installation, and P clip it all neatly in place. Pictures will follow.
The other thing that I did was to move the main 30 and 40 amp loom fuses to a much more accessible location. They were previously located behind the coolant header tank in the engine bay, but are now neatly placed near the FIA switch in the cockpit. With the fuses in place I have now run the main power feeds from here up to the Digidash and fuse box on the dash. At last I can turn on the car's systems with the ignition and FIA switches, rather than temporarily jump leading a battery into the car which I had been doing for testing purposes.

No comments: