Thursday, March 11, 2004


Tonight, I only had about an hour to get something done on the car. So I set about doing a trial installation of the newly modified handbrake calliper.
Step one was to weld the actuation lever that I broke last weekend, 10 minutes with my trusty MIG welder resulted in this which I've also sprayed with chassis black paint. The cranked lever should nor clear the mounting bracket nicely. I then reassemble the calliper to it's mounting bracket and started fitting it to the car.



Whoo hooo it fits! The clearance between the mounting studs and the bike chain is not huge but it should be fine!



Right I'm out of time, so there's little more I can do tonight. But the calliper appears to be working fine, it might require a narrow shim to get the non actuated pad to "float" correctly over the brake disk. The last jobs to get this thing working will be to connect and adjust the actuating cable and fit a lever return spring. Hopefully I can get that sorted out by the weekend.


Lastly I talked to Hi-Spec again today about my callipers, and guess what? I was promised a call back with some details.... but none materialised :-(, although in fairness I was out of the house for 5 minutes today.

Some 32mm rubber pipe turned up today, so I can now start to run the coolant pipes from the rear\mid mounted engine to the front mounted radiator. Or at least I can make a start on it this weekend.

No comments: