Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The long list of Odds and Sods.

You know I can always tell when I'm getting towards the end of a build the engine bay starts to look like it has been visited by the NASA fairies, as I finalise the cable and fuel line routing and fit the shiny silver heat protection sleeving.
I got most of this work done on Sunday, and also did some preparatory work on the running the fuel and electrical lines from the main bank of injectors to those in the airbox in readiness for fitting it to the car.

In addition I fitted the catch tank, and bolted the exhaust headers, tightened up the gear linkage and did a few other bits and bobs jobs.

I've also dismantled, lubricated and rebuilt the brake pedal as it had got a bit stiff and recalcitrant about returning to the rest position. I wondered if the master cylinder springs were getting a bit weak and so disassembled the whole lot to clean, strip and check it. Ultimately it turned out to be binding in the pedal pivot point and the MCs were fine. This whole exercise took up a couple of hours and of course I need to re bleed the brakes again.

I'm currently working towards a shake down test at Mallory Park on the 9th May, and the plan is now to complete the build and setup the car over the bank holiday weekend, then go to the test, and then work on the Bus so that I can get it through it's MOT before I need it to go to Brands on the 20th.

Time will tell :-). but currently the planets do seem to be aligning for me at long last

No comments: