Sunday, January 21, 2007

More Wiring, Fuel And Clutch

This weekend I did still more dull dull wiring but I think that I'm pretty much there now. I managed to complete the following.
  • Signal wiring to the bike clocks for the main beam and indicators , plus oil pressure and coolant temp warning LEDs.
    Wiring for throttle pot, coolant temp, oil pressure and oil temp to the DL1
  • Removed the remnants of the old ZX12 management loom and ECU.
  • Connect the Tacho feed to the DL1, and shift lights.
  • Made up an auxillery spiral cable to connect the steering mounted dash to the rest of the loom.

Pretty much all that is left now is to bind up the looms and clip them into place, a job that I hate because it makes my RSI damaged wrists hurt. Actually Mrs M is really good at this, I think I may have to ask her very nicely.

I also removed the old oil cooler tubes from the side of the car. My plan is to control the coolant temp using a large radiator and leave the oil temp to sort itself out. As a result the left side of the car is much much "cleaner". It's rather nice to be removing stuff from the car... hopefully this will all add up to a significant weight reduction.

I also spent some time reoruting the clutch hydraulic line, as the clutch slave cylinder is on the opposite side of the car on the CBR 1000. And lastly I connected the main fuel feed and removed the now defunct Injector fuel return line.

So now we have fuel, clutch, wiring & diff done. That leaves throttle cable, coolant and exhausts. Finally it seems like I'm getting close to finishing this engine installation.

No comments: